Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Little Thought..

This week I was doing alot of thinking about our little ones and why there are times that bad things happen to them. I thought alot about how I would feel if something happened to my little girls and felt uneasy the more I thought of this. I picked up one of the great books we happen to have in our little library.. When Times Are Tough by John Bytheway. I felt inspired to share two thoughts that put me to ease. John shared this thought, "The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again.The only difference between the old and young dying is, one lives longer in heaven and eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable, wicked world. Only through mortality can we achieve immortality."

And why are some little children sent into homes where they are beat, molested, abused, and neglected?
"They are the ones who volunteered in the preexistence to be a savior on the Mount, to come to a family drowning in sickness and sin and to be the means of purifying that lineage. Before them in that line were generations of ugly, destructive, family relationships. Downstream from their purifying influence every generation would be blessed with light and love. The role of a savior is to suffer innocently for the sins of others. There can be no higher calling."

This is a good book to have. It helped to shed just a little bit of light for me and was actually a talk prepared for those youth who attended the Columbine Seminary during their tragedy.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks for sharing that. It was comforting to read.

Ang said...

Thank you Sarah

We Three Queens said...

Thanks for sharing this, Sarah. I think at times we forget how blessed we are to have this knowledge. Thank you for reminding me.