Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm going to Hollywood..



My days in Cali have finally arrived! Michael surprised me with a ticket to California to visit my best friend growing up, Jolene, for a week. My Dad mentioned to the kids that I might visit Hollywood and to our surprise, the girls connected "i'm going to Hollywood" with AMERICAN IDOL. Alexandra apparently told everyone at church yesterday that I was going to Hollywood to be on American Idol!! And Alexandra even mentioned me in her prayers.. hoping I would do well! LOL.. boy I would hate to hear what Simon would have to say about me!!


Anyways, I am actually in Monterey California on an old military base. Jolene's husband Dave is a linguist studying Persian. My friend suggested a military initiation before staying the night at their house.. so there I was, forced to put on military attire and stand on my head for two hours. I was forced to complete countless hours of military drills and undergo extensive questioning. Anyways, I apparently passed and was permitted to stay.


Upon arrival, I was having major stomach issues.. I was just praying I wouldn't throw up all over the man sitting next to me in the plane. Jolene picked me up and she had poison oak all over her.. i've included a wondeful picture of her bandaged up. And Dave has been hopping around after running 17 miles training for a marathon. So to say the least the house is full of the inflicted. Hopefully we will all recover quickly. We've spent the day on the couch watching movies.. it has been raining all day! We then decided we needed a change in scenery and went to see the movie Because I Said So.. i know big change huh? We also went to old Monterey where we visited galleries which I loved doing. I was always into art and.. as was stated in The Notebook.. "I don't paint anymore." Anyways, just wanted to keep the fam. updated.. sorry for my rambling!

















1 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like you are having a fun time! I almost died laughing when Alexandra told us on Sat. that her mom was going to "California to sing on American Idol." It was so cute. Miss ya!