Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mom's Birthday..

Our family always looks forward to Mom's birthday.. it's always celebrated at Outback! It's our family favorite! The steak and swordfish are definately our top picks.. I think I would rate it up their with Phillips Seafood Buffet.. and that says alot. Anyways, despite Patrick having a rough night with the Eagles losing one of their key players, we had a wonderful evening full of good company and fun conversation. The adults had their table and the kids theirs. Next time I think we may even hire a babysitter to tag along.. Dad had to parade all 4 of the grandkids around the restauant a few times. Needless to say, the were the talk of the restaurant. One of the things our family does as a birthday ritual is talk about memories and feelings about the birthday girl so.. some things about my Mom..

*I can call my Mom anytime to complain.. as I did this evening!
*One evening after a night class about 11ish, I decided to go to WalMart to get groceries while the kids were asleep.. I guess Michael didn't remember me telling him this so he proceeds to call my Mom and Sister. In a panic, they both go out in the middle of the night to search for me. Mom was crying to hear I was alive when I made it home.. sorry, I felt so bad for this one!
* Mom always treated us kids equally.. even though I was quite a pain in the butt.
*My Mom was there in labor and delivery with both girls and really was great support for both Michael and I.

*Mom comes to my house early in the morning on her day off just to watch A and I so that I can go to school.
*My Mom is one of my best friends-I love you Mom!



1 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun tradition! I loved the things that you wrote about your mom. It makes me homesick for my mom!